Sunday, September 20, 2009

XNA Framework is appealing

As many of you know I had already attempted the monstrous project of creating a game a few months ago using the RPG Maker XP engine. While the engine is very friendly to those who aren't good at directly editing code, I'm considering exploring other options. One option in particular that appeals to me at the moment is using the XNA Framework, which is the framework developed by Microsoft used to make PC and 360 games. The only problem with this is I'm going to have to learn to program in C#, but that shouldn't be too hard. Honestly, I'm still not sure if I wanna do this but I might just experiment a little with it and make a shorter game(or a demo) before committing to an entire project. On the other hand, making games with the XNA framework opens up better marketing opportunities. This may be the path I choose to take for my independent game development.

No comments:

Post a Comment