Friday, July 3, 2009

[Movie Review] Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

So a couple of days ago I went with a few family members to see the new Transformers movie. Now, I know that I shouldn't have high expectations for a movie like this and it might seem like I'm being unfair, but even compared to the first one this movie fell very short.

My first issue with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, is also my biggest issue: the plot. SPOILER ALERT! The entire plot of this movie can and will be summed up in this tiny paragraph. Waaaaaaaayyyyy back during the time of the pyramids there were 7(I think) Primes, including Optimus Prime. It was the duty of these primes to journey to desolate planetary systems and use their special technologies to somehow absorb or convert the energy of the sun to power their homeworld. The only catch is one of them turned out to be an asshole and decided he would try to absorb the Earth's sun and kill all the humans. Now The Fallen aka. asshole, is back to try and steal the energy of the sun. He had his henchman kill Optimus Prime who was then resurrected by the technology that was going to be used to absorb the sun, thus allowing him to stop The Fallen. Seriously, this is probably the worst plot I've heard in a long, long time. None of this makes any sense. Though I guess it doesn't have to; it's a Michael Bay movie. END SPOILERS

My second problem sort of adds on to the first problem, which is of the two and a half hours that make up this movie, two of them are filled with cheesy, nonfamily friendly jokes to which I'm unsure of whom the target audience is. That and every other scene is a close up of Megan Fox. I mean, sure, she's hot. But I really don't give a fuck how hot she is when I'm in a movie theater. It's not like I'm gonna just whip out my dick right there because "HEY LOOK IT'S MEGAN FOX ON THE BIG SCREEN!" Seriously, boners make it hard to focus on the movie. And Shia Lebeeoufffe(who the fuck can spell that shit) is overrated.

I guess that covers just about most of the shit in this movie worth talking about. And this turned out to be more of a rant than a review.

My Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment