Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Diabolical Box: Initial Thoughts

So far, I have just barely scraped the surface on the new Professor Layton game, having completed the prologue and just begun chapter 1. With only 7 puzzles down, I feel like for the most part I have no idea what's in store, but there are some things I can say for sure:

First off, this time around, Professor Layton puts you far more into the story far earlier on. I've noticed that there seem to be more cutscenes also, meaning more of their grade A voice acting.

Second off, pretty much all of the features from the old game were kept in this one. This includes the play style, the interface, the music, the graphical style and the menus. While this sounds like a complaint, I'm glad they stuck to something that works. The only things I wanted to be different going into this game were the story and the puzzles.

And my last and final of the initial thoughts is that the puzzles feel much, much harder this time around. As early as the fourth and fifth puzzles I found myself using hint coins and still making mistakes.

Be sure to check back every night where I'll be posting my daily progress as well as progress I've made in the walkthrough I'm writing that goes with this game(and wow who would have thought writing a walkthrough makes playing the game take infinitely longer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment